Handmade Ravioli and Chocolate with Ginger Gorgonzola Paprika
Our gastronomic journey continues between combinations of unconventional ingredients, that artfully balanced, provide to the palate the aphrodisiac taste that all good-food lovers are wishing to discover.
Of course the success of the recipe comes from the love and the passion with which you cook .. which is in fact the motto of LovingEAT !!!
For 6-8 portions, suitable also for vegetarian!!!
Ingredients for dough and Ravioli:
Ingredients for the stuff:
- 200gr – Italian blue cheese Gorgonzola Dolce
- 100gr – grated Parmigiano Reggiano
Ingredients for the sauce and the final dish:
🙂 First of all WASH YOUR HANDS THOROUGHLY BEFORE and AFTER HANDLING FOOD 🙂
To make the Ravioli:
- Place the flour on a clean table surface,
- add the Ginger powder
- add the eggs and knead using your hands until you get a smooth dough. If the dough is too soft and wet, add more flour little by little
- when the dough doesn’t stick anymore neither to the surface nor to your fingers, but it is still smooth and supple, it means that the dough is ready and you made a good job!
- wrap the dough in the kitchen film and let stand in the refrigerator for 60 minutes
- when ready, divide the dough in small balls (6 to 8)
- use a rolling pin and few flour to roll the dough into thin sheets of about 2 mm thick.
- Place them on a floured tray
To make the stuff:
- With a spoon mix in a bowl the Gorgonzola cheese and the grated Parmigiano
- with a teaspoon placing a bit of filling on each sheet of dough at a distance of about 3 inches
- fold the pasta to enclose the filling, and with the help of a knife or a mold form the ravioli
- With a fork affect the edges of the dough to seal the ravioli – to prevent it from opening during cooking -. 🙂
To cook the Ravioli:
- take a large pot and fill it with water and turn on the fire at high flame
- add a handful of salt into the water and add little of oil
- when the water is boiling, put the Ravioli in – not all together but a handful of Ravioli at a time –
- cook for 3 minutes, drain them with a skimmer
- in the meantime in a non-stick pan, a medium flame, melt the butter with the Thyme. Add the ravioli just drained and saute for about ten seconds adding the Paprika.
- When ready put them in a serving dish by adding the Dark Chocolate and a handful of Thyme
- serve hot
Recommended drink: Lambrusco classico, red wine served at room temperature
BUON APPETITO – Enjoy