Handmade Ravioli stuffed with spinach and ricotta cheese.
This is the basic recipe of how to make handmade pasta with flour and eggs.
We also make a stuffed with spinach and ricotta that is classic Italian cuisine known all over the world.
Of course the success of the recipe comes from the love and the passion with which you cook .. which is in fact the motto of LovingEAT !!!
For 6-8 portions, suitable also for vegetarian!!!
Ingredients for dough and Ravioli:
- 300 g – Organic white flour 00
- 3 – Organic, free range medium eggs
Ingredients for the stuff:
- 400gr – fresh spinach
- 250gr – good quality of ricotta cheese
- 100gr – grated Parmigiano Reggiano
Ingredients for the sauce and the final dish:
- a non-stick pan
- 100g butter
- abundant grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- sage leaves
- pepper according to taste
🙂 First of all WASH YOUR HANDS THOROUGHLY BEFORE and AFTER HANDLING FOOD 🙂
To make the Ravioli:
- Place the flour on a clean table surface,
- add the eggs and knead using your hands until you get a smooth dough. If the dough is too soft and wet, add more flour little by little
- when the dough doesn’t stick anymore neither to the surface nor to your fingers, but it is still smooth and supple, it means that the dough is ready and you made a good job!
- wrap the dough in the kitchen film and let stand in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
- when ready, divide the dough in small balls (6 to 8)
- use a rolling pin and few flour to roll the dough into thin sheets of about 2 mm thick.
- Place them on a floured tray
To make the stuff:
- in a large pot of boiling salted water, boil the spinach for 2 minutes. Drain and squeeze to remove excess water and let them cool
- when ready, with a spoon mix in a bowl the ricotta, the spinach and the Parmigiano
- with a teaspoon placing a bit of filling on each sheet of dough at a distance of about 3 inches
- fold the pasta to enclose the filling, and with the help of a glass or a mold form the ravioli
- With a fork affect the edges of the dough to seal the ravioli – to prevent it from opening during cooking -. 🙂
To cook the Ravioli:
- take a large pot and fill it with water and turn on the fire at high flame
- add a handful of salt into the water and add little of oil
- when the water is boiling, put the Ravioli in – not all together but a handful of Ravioli at a time –
- cook for 3 minutes, drain them with a skimmer
- in the meantime in a non-stick pan, a medium flame, melt the butter with the sage. Add the ravioli just drained and saute for about ten seconds.
- When ready put them in a serving dish by adding the Parmesan
- serve hot
Recommended drink: Chianti classico, red wine served at room temperature
BUON APPETITO – Enjoy