Handmade Spaghetti with Cocoa, Mackerel and roasted tomatoes.
Cocoa meets Pasta!!! Since 1500 consumption of chocolate is stated equally across Europe, but it is in Italy that are processed, before anywhere else, the first artisan recipes that will make a fortune in the world of chocolate.
It may sound strange but even in this case, a thorough knowledge of the basic ingredients makes all the difference in the processing of experimental recipes and highly effective harmonies of flavors and colors.
So, this time we have raised the bar of the recipe, not because of the difficulty of execution, but for the meeting of the ingredients combined in proper balance that will stimulate aphrodisiac taste sensations.
Of course the success of the recipe comes from the love and the passion with which you cook .. which is in fact the motto of LovingEAT !!!
For 6 portions!!!
Ingredients for dough and Spaghetti:
- 400g – Organic Hard wheat flour 00
- 4 – Organic, free range medium eggs
- 40g – Organic, bitter cocoa powder
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 250g – Mackerel in Olive Oil
- 8-10 – Tomatoes
- 100gr – grated bread
- a handful of fresh parsley
- 2 – garlic cloves
- 2 tbs – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- a glass of good quality of white wine
- salt and black pepper according to taste
🙂 First of all WASH YOUR HANDS THOROUGHLY BEFORE and AFTER HANDLING FOOD 🙂
- Place the flour on a clean table surface,
- add the cocoa
- add the eggs and knead using your hands until you get a smooth dough. If the dough is too soft and wet, add more flour little by little
- when the dough doesn’t stick anymore neither to the surface nor to your fingers, but it is still smooth and supple, it means that the dough is ready and you made a good job!
- wrap the dough in the kitchen film and let stand in the refrigerator for 60 minutes
- when ready, divide the dough in small balls (6 to 8)
- use a rolling pin and few flour to roll the dough into thin sheets of about 2 mm thick.
- with a sharp knife, cut strips of about 2-3 mm
- Place them on a floured tray
To make the Tomato sauce:
- chop parsley with one clove of garlic, add 30g of grated bread and mix with little Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Wash and dry the tomatoes, halve them lengthwise.
- Place them on a baking pan, sparkle the tomatoes with the prepared compound and bake at 180° for 30 minutes or until they start to wilt and brown
- when ready, with a mixer, blend the tomatoes to obtain a smoothie sauce. Keep it warm.
To make the Mackerel sauce:
- in a pan, heat little Extra Virgin Olive Oil with one garlic clove
- add the Mackerel and sauté for few seconds at high flame.
- add ½ glass of wine and let evaporate stirring frequently
- 🙂 meanwhile drink the other half of the glass of wine and enjoy! 🙂
- add a glass of water and let cook over low flame
To cook the handmade Spaghetti:
- take a large pot and fill it with water and turn on the fire at high flame
- add a handful of salt into the water and add little of oil
- when the water is boiling, put the handmade Spaghetti in
- cook for 3 minutes, drain them with a skimmer
- and finish cooking in the pan with Mackerel.
To make the final dish:
- in a serving plate, put a generous amount of tomato sauce,
- place the seasoned pasta on top and sparkle with the bread crumbs
- serve hot
Recommended drink: Falanghina, white wine served cold.
BUON APPETITO – Enjoy